Monday, August 23, 2010

Gratitude ~ It looks good on you

“Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.” ~ Eileen Caddy

So I tweaked my back pretty good over the weekend. All I had done was lift my arm above my head and move it in a wide circle to allow Micheal's leash to unwind. I felt the twinge...and it continued to get worse and worse as we strolled along. I thought that perhaps I could just "walk it off." I had so much planned for the weekend and I wasn't ready to accept not being able to accomplish what I had set out to. When we arrived home from our walk, I put a quilt on the floor and thought that if I lied down flat, it would work it self out...not a chance, it got worse. So much so that I was afraid a trip to the ER was in my near future. I was able to make it to a chair and the pain subsided a bit...as long as I did not turn to the right or to the left. So what does any of this have to do with gratitude?

Well, first, I was grateful that I could sit still and not be in pain :-). Then I was grateful for good friends who would be there to play with when I was better (thanks Dana :-). Then I was grateful that we have On Demand and I actually had a really good excuse for watching some movies I'd been wanting to see. I was grateful for the popcorn Rick made for me. I was grateful that our two adorable cocker spaniels felt like having a lazy day. I was grateful that I had the luxury to surrender to my body and allow it to heal. Today I still feel the twinge, but I am grateful that it is better. I am grateful for a really good weekend.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment