Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Facebook | In Her Peace

"I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming... suddenly you find - at the age of 50, say - that a whole new life has opened before you." ~ Agatha Christie

When I was 47 I couldn't wait for my 50th birthday. Oprah was celebrating turning 50. It seemed to be the time in life when I could just let go of what I perceived as everyone's expectations for my life. What I've learned in this year since turning 50, is that I didn't have to wait to turn 50. I could have quit worrying about it at any point in my life. It isn't that I don't care, but I see life as a more genuine and authentic pursuit. And now, of course, my relationships are more honest, more genuine, more authentic, and more rewarding. I could have done this at any point in my life...and so can you. Embrace life now...your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment