Monday, August 9, 2010

Memories ~ The time of your life

“I'd rather have a moment of wonderful than a lifetime of
nothing special.” ~ Steel Magnolias

Whir...whir...whir...whir...Does your mind ever make that sound? Mine does and it was doing it this morning. It is amazing that I could even hear it through all the busyness in my mind. As I settled into my meditation, there it... was, whir...whir...whir...whir...and I thought; how am I going to tame this? So I began by acknowledging the noise and became aware that it was about getting on with the day. Now, I've come to realize that getting on with the day without meditation is like driving a car with the wheels in the air. You'll make lots of noise, use lots of energy, but you won't get anywhere. I acknowledged the whirring and thanked it for bringing me this awareness, and then I sent it on its way. The awareness was that all the noise was about creating the perfect moment…later in the day, or week, or month, or year. As I allowed my mind to clear, another thought rose up…

”Do it now.”

“Do what?”

“Create the perfect moment, now.”

So I closed my eyes and drew in a nice, cool, deep breath…and as I did, I realized how perfect that felt.

The I opened my eyes, picked up my pencil, and began to write.

Savor this moment. See how many perfect moments you can string together today. When an unwanted thought knocks on the door of your mind, acknowledge it and let it know that it cannot stay. Then gently and
lovingly close the door. Then, open the window and allow the light and love of a positive thought to stream into your mind. Do this often.

Wow. This post is not about meditation, but look what it can do for you. Enjoy your day. Create perfect moments. Blessings, Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment