Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Creativity ~ There's an artist in you


“True art is characterized by an irresistible urge in the creative artist.” ~ Albert Einstein

Art is the expression of emotion, a sharing of experience, a quest for connection. I love to take my colored markers and pencils on vacation with me. Because we always leave space for a little down time, a little decompression time, it gives me an excuse to break out "the artist" in me. A huge stretch...but she's in there, I just know it. 

I so admire the true artist who is able to connect so deeply with her environment and herself and then to share herself with the world. I am far, far, far from being "that artist," but as my friend Candace says; "There are no mistakes in art." Still, I think I'll take a class. Here are a few of my attempts to capture some of the flowers we experienced on vacation...some purposefully planted by humans...some purposefully planted by God. ~ Have a beautiful day! ~ Blessings, Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment