Friday, January 7, 2011

29 Gifts: Day 3 ~ Making sure he knows it's real :-)

When we give, we receive; it's a Universal Law. So I have to share this story about my Day 2 gift of "Dinner waiting" for my husband. I roasted the chicken, prepared the vegetables (broccoli), arranged the salad on individual plates. (I usually put them in individual bowls, but they were in the dishwasher). So hubby sits down and enjoys a nice relaxing dinner, pre-chaos style, and at the end of the meal, I commented on how delicious the salad was. (Some days, they just are; especially if I've been filling myself with holiday sweets and carbs.) Then he says, "It is good, and nice arrangement." :-))) Seriously :-) What a gift for him to notice that. I admit, it was nicely arranged {Spring mix, topped with shredded purple cabbage, shredded orange carrots. I arranged sliced cucumber and tomato around the perimeter and sprinkled shredded cheese over the top} It was pretty...and he noticed it...and appreciated it. Like I said, a gift.

Dinner for 2
Day 3Stability -You may recall I was pretty stoked about my plans for Day 3. Unfortunately, my intended recipient fell ill and we did not get to connect yesterday so I was stuck for a Day 3 gift. I'll save it for her and for another day, but I came up with an alternative recipient, once again, the hubby. I had mentioned that our peaceful evenings had gone awry as of late and so I decided that I would continue the dinner trend...help us regain that aspect of our "life by design." When Rick walked in from work, the aroma of Barbecued Pulled Pork filled the air...and he knew what was for dinner. The table was set, the salads (in our salad bowls this time :-) were ready and he could just unwind with a nice glass of wine. It was perfect.

Today I am grateful for:

1) My hubby
2) Sweet oranges from dad's tree
3) Flexibility in my work

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from the Saturday Hops to say hello.
    Have a great weekend!
    http://poshonabudget.com/2010/12/happy-saturday.html

    ReplyDelete