Saturday, July 24, 2010

Facebook | In Her Peace

"Come forth into the light of things; Let nature be your Teacher." ~ William Wordsworth

On our 'boot camp' hike yesterday, this woodpecker caught my eye. I wanted the perfect shot; the sho that would show its magnificent colors, his wings, his bright red cap. He had another idea. As though to teach me persistence, humor, ...and humility, he flitted from tree trunk to tree trunk just long enough for me to get the focus, but not long enough to get the shot. Then, just as I thought he'd never stay still long enough...there he was...and click. Then he flapped his wings and flew right by us. It was as if he was saying...That was fun...thanks for playing. Rick and I laughed all the way up the hill at the absurdity of me trying so diligently to capture his image. I am truly humbled in the face of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment