Thursday, July 22, 2010

Facebook | In Her Peace

"Spontaneity is the quality of being able to do something just because you feel like it at the moment, of trusting your instincts, of taking yourself by surprise and snatching from the clutches of your well-organized routine, a bit of unscheduled pleasure." ~ unknown

I need routine in my life...I crave order...I like to know what's happening next. But not all the time anymore. Years ago while planning a vacation, my husband threw a few chinks in my plan. We were newly together and so I thought I would compromise and see where it took us. To my complete surprise, it was the best, most relaxing vacation I had ever experienced. Now, when we 'plan' our vacations, we have a couple of things in mind, however, we just wing it the rest of the time. I am never disappointed. We always come home with the best stories. Some grand, some, just fun. Most, we would not experience if we had a locked in plan.

The same goes for ordinary days. I have what I'd like to do, but if a family member or friend calls for lunch or some other fun outing, I'm all over it. The work is always here when I get back.

1 comment: