Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Makin' Tracks ~ Using Tools to Track Progress

Here we are on the second day of February and don't you think January seemed to fly right by? How are you doing on the goals you set for yourself for the New Year? I have to admit it has been a bit of a slow start for me but I am definitely gaining momentum. Do you set New Year's Resolutions? I used to and realized, after several years, that all I was doing was making a list of things I wanted to accomplish during the year. I neglected to create a plan or to even think about why I wanted to accomplish these things. I never asked myself how my life would change upon completion of certain projects. After realizing that setting New Year's Resolutions did not work for me, I started reflecting on what was important in different areas of my life. For example, how did I feel about the current state of my health, relationships, career, or finances. Was I happy with the balance of work and fun in my life? After deciding that I wanted to focus on health and wellness goals, I developed a program for tracking my progress.

{via}

It consists of four forms where you can journal your emotional, mental, physical and spiritual states. There are sections for recording nutrition, exercise and spiritual practices. I included space for recording weight and even weather. Tracking headaches was one of my goals and I found that the weather (cloudy days) would often trigger a headache. Sometimes, certain foods may have an effect on mood, or physical symptoms, such as bloating or inflammation. You are what you eat has become a commonly accepted fact and is the reason I included a nutrition log. There is also a weekly and monthly summary that makes it easier to make connections between what may be going on emotionally, nutritionally etc. and symptoms you may be experiencing. I have offered it to many clients who have found it to be very useful.

I am in the process of creating a pdf file that I can upload and have available online (free) but if in the meantime, you feel this could help you in reaching your goals, please email me and I will be happy to email the forms to you.

Do you have personal goals you would like to share? If so, what method do you use for staying motivated and tracking your progress?

1 comment:

  1. Hi!My name is carly and I am visiting from the blog hop.I enjoyed this post very much.I am also someone that doesn't do well with "resolutions".=/ So I have made goals to reach one by one.Anyhow I am a new follower & would love an email of ur program.=)
    carly4peace@gmail.com
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete