Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Laugh Out Loud ~ It's good for the body and good for the soul!

This entry is inspired by my Journal Cards by Sue Meyn. Sue has a way of getting deep, real deep using a simple 3 x 5 card. Here's today's card:



What makes you laugh?  Describe the last time you laughed really hard.

My pups make me laugh, Rick makes me laugh, road signs make me laugh, making silly mistakes makes me laugh. Last night Minnie Mouse had Michael (Cocker Spaniel Pups) pinned down on the sofa and after she declared her victory she jumped off and left him there pinned in the corner with his legs up on a throw pillow. He looked like he was using it as an ottoman...funniest thing! I laughed so hard my tummy ached.

Today ~ Where would a little added humor help?

 I feel like I have a lot to do and not enough time to do it in. Sound familiar? Picturing me stuffing 10 pounds of stuff into a 5 pound bag, and getting it all in there....declaring my own victory....and then noticing there's a huge hole in the bottom of the bag! Next..............

What is a favorite humorous event or story?

Rick and I got together when Brandi was 16 years old and she having a tough time grasping this new relationship. She thought Rick was sort of a novelty and while she liked him, she wasn't sure about creating a family with him. For the story to make sense, you have to know that Rick loves bread...I mean...the man loves bread. When he eats warm bread fresh from the oven he always says "mmmmm." Brandi thought that was the funniest thing and then one night at the dinner table she took a bite out of a slice of bread fresh out of the oven and without realizing it went "mmmmmmmmmmm." Rick and I looked at each other, burst out laughing and then in unison said, "Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated." And with that, we all burst out laughing.

Take some time to think about all the things that make you laugh and practice pulling them from your memory when you get into a stressful situation. Humor really can heal! 


I'd love to hear your funny stories.

3 comments:

  1. Laughing really is good for the soul. Haven't done much of it lately but hopefully in the new year, my belly will ache!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love laughing and I know it is good for the soul! :D

    New follower from the weekend bloghop and I think you have two blogs in the bloghop.. Anyway,I follow both! Hope you stop by too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cousin named Janet Ellis (that's her maiden name).

    I laugh at just about anything. I don't take life too seriously. I do remember laughing so hard with my best friend I peed my pants! As did she! I don't remember what we were laughing about, but it must have been pretty hilarious!

    ReplyDelete